The 16-year-old is the new face of Marc Jacobs Beauty and signed to her mother's talent agency


Less than a week after blowing out the candles on her 16th birthday cake, Kate Moss' daughter, Lila Grace, has landed her first big modelling campaign.
Last night, Marc Jacobs Beauty announced Lila had been chosen as their 'new face' on Instagram by sharing a photograph of the teenager wearing a bold purple cat-eye, and nude-hued lip colour, created by make-up artist Diane Kendal.
Photographed by renowned fashion photographer Davis Simms with her hair styled by Guido Palau, the star looked stunning just days after she signed to her mother's eponymously-named talent agency.
Kate Moss' company posted a video from the young model's photoshoot in which she can be seen posing for the camera, looking near identical to her famous fashionable mother did as a teenager.
Opening up about his relationship with Lila and Kate, designer Jacobs wrote on Instagram: 'When I met Lila Grace for the first time in 2008, I was on a holiday in Ibiza and went to Formentera for the day to visit with her mum, Kate Moss, and other friends and family.
At just six years old, Lila's strong character, demeanor and great beauty was already very apparent.'
Years later, the New Yorker met Lila again at Moss' wedding to now ex-husband Jamie Hince and said the teenager's 'character was more dynamic and her beauty even greater'.
Kate reportedly took her daughter to the set of the Marc Jacobs shoot, with the designer admitting it was a 'bit surreal' to have them both in the NYC studio.
'It brought back memories of the first time I met Kate, when she was 18 years old and cast to walk for the Perry Ellis Spring/Summer 1993 grunge collection,' he recalled.
Kate and I became very close after the grunge collection and remain lifelong friends (much of which is well documented!).'
He added that the campaign 'felt a bit like an intersection of my personal and professional life coming full circle'.
It is with great pride and a full heart that I share this first image from our shoot with the incredible Lila Grace in her first ever beauty campaign for Marc Jacobs Beauty,' he continued.
'Lila’s beauty, composure, patience and kindness made this project even more special than I could have imagined. With each look we photographed, she got into each character effortlessly and gracefully.'
The campaign comes weeks after Lila Moss - whose full name is Lila Grace Moss Hack - launched her own Instagram page.
The 16-year-old follows in the footsteps of fellow model daughter Kaia Gerber, who shot her first beauty campaign with Jacobs.
Last month, Kate Moss opened up about her regrets of posing topless aged just 15.
'Yes, there was pressure,' she admitted of the demands for models to pose topless. 'I worked with a woman photographer called Corinne Day, and she always liked me with no top on, and I did not like it at all when I first started. I wouldn't let my daughter do it.
She continued: 'To think that I was going topless at her age is crazy. [I tell models they] don’t have to do it if they don’t want to'.
On her daughter's future in the fashion industry, the model said: 'It’s up to her. I’m leaving it up to her.
'I will support her, obviously. I’ll be her manager,' she added with a laugh. 'If she wants to, I’ll support her in anything she wants to do.'

No comments